Personal information and your privacy
When you first come to the salon we will ask you to fill out a Client Record Card. We do need to collect this personal information in order to carry out our business and meet our customers' requirements effectively.
We understand that the lawful and correct treatment of personal data is very important to successful business practise and to maintaining our customer's confidence in ourselves.
Any personal data which Canine Class collect, record or use in any way whether it is held on paper, on computer or other media will have appropriate safeguards applied to it to ensure that we comply with the Data Protection Act 1998. We fully endorse and adhere to the eight principles of Data Protection as set out in the Data Protection Act 1998. These principles state that personal data must be:
- used fairly and lawfully
- used for limited, specifically stated purposes
- used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
- kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
- handled according to people’s data protection rights
- kept safe and secure
- not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection
- For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Canine Class Ltd, 2 Somer House, Midsomer Norton, Radstock BA3 5EW
What personal information is collected about you?
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- When you contact us and provide information through our website or web forms you consent to us storing the information as name address telephone number etc.
- We may keep a record of all correspondence and Information provided voluntarily when you telephone, fill out a client record from, email, register for information or make a purchase;
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any mean to help us provide improved services
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders;
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access;
How we may use your information
We use information about you in the following ways:
- To help us identify you
- To enable us to review, develop and improve the website and our services
- To carry out marketing and statistical analysis
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our website and services
- To provide you with information, products, services or future events which we feel may interest you where you have consented to be contact for such purposes
- To notify you about your appointments or changes to our service
- To send requested documents or information to you, to contact you or to deal with any other specific request you have
Will my information be shared?
We will never rent, sell or communicate your data to any third party organisation for the purposes of email marketing.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties: Only if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Canine Class Dog Grooming, our participants, customers or others. This includes but is not limited to exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection, credit risk reduction and dispute policies.
You should not complete any contact form if you do not want your personal data to be collected.
Where we store your Personal Data
All paper record cards will be kept in a locked cabinet.
Information you provide to us electronically is stored on our secured servers.Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.